Shorties Submissions – old
Submissions to the 2015 Shorties short film contest Presented by Reef are now open!
The Shorties is a key part of the festival and open exclusively to surf filmmakers from or based in Britain and Ireland. It’s a platform for established and emerging home grown talent to flex their creative muscles and an opportunity for the best to be selected for screening as part of the festival programme.
Submissions for the Shorties Film Competition run until
9th September 2015. UPDATE: ENTRY WINDOW HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 12TH SEPTEMBER
The competition is not constricted by genre; surfing and surf culture are wide open to creative interpretation and we welcome submissions that explore all aspects and angles of surfing through documentary to animation and anything in between. To be considered for selection, the short films must have a running time of five minutes or under and have been created after March 2012 by film-makers from or based in Britain and Ireland.
Here is a simple five step guide to entering.
1) Shoot your 5 minute film on any format, but remember the resulting short must be available as a hi-res digital file for upload. Official LS/FF Shortie stings must be added to the front of the film and run for 5 seconds. They are available for download HERE.
2) Read the terms and conditions of the Shorties Contest HERE .
3) Pay your £10 entry fee via the Paypal link below. NB. You do not need a Pay Pal account to use this payment service – just a credit or debit card!
4) Upload your film to your Vimeo channel and then fill in the Submission form HERE. (You will need your Paypal receipt number and Vimeo link to complete the form).
5) We will contact you to confirm your acceptance into the Shorties Competition.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
The final entry deadline for all shorts is 12 th September. Entries will be viewed by the London Surf / Film Festival and key members of the screening panel and a Longlist of entries announced by 13th September.
All longlisted films will be posted on the London Surf / Film Festival website. The selection process for films to be screened as part of the festival program is two tier, based on votes cast by the London Surf / Film Festival Screening Panel as well as votes cast by the public via a web-based poll*. Voting will run online from 13th September to the 20th September via the LS/FF website. The final Shortlist of films to be incorporated into the festival programme will be announced as soon as the votes from judges and the general public have been counted. The London Surf / Film Festival Shorties Contest winner will be announced at the official awards ceremony during the event.
*The Shorties is not a popularity contest, it’s about sharing your work and getting it seen. The public vote counts as a portion of the voting – it helps effect the outcome but it is not the only deciding factor.