Shorties Guidelines & TCs
London Surf / Film Festival Shorties Contest 2019
It’s all about sharing the stoke, below is just the legal bumpf…
Official Terms and Conditions and Guidelines for Submissions
- GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A. GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
1.SUBMISSION FORMAT: All shorts to be uploaded to Vimeo and links submitted to the London Surf / Film Festival organisers. Films which go on to be shortlisted must be submitted in good time via a compatible HD digital file.
2. SUBMISSION GENRE: The competition is not constricted by genre; surfing and surf culture are wide open to creative interpretation and we welcome submissions that explore all aspects and angles of surfing from documentary to stop-frame to animation and anything in between. We do not accept any submissions which breach copyright or of a pornographic nature.
3. DATE OF COMPLETION: Submissions should have been completed after March 2014.
4. ENTRY FEES: Entry to the Short Film Contest is £10, payable via PayPal to the London Surf / Film Festival. Entry fees are non-refundable.
5. MULTIPLE ENTRIES: are allowed, however a separate submission form and entry fee shall be submitted for each.
6. SUBMISSION DEADLINES: Deadline for submissions is 9th September 2019 23.59pm. Submissions after these will not qualify for entry into the festival. Extenuating circumstances may be considered at the discretion of the London Surf / Film Festival.
7. PRESENTATION FORMAT: If accepted into the London Surf / Film Festival as an official short, film makers must be able to submit a film on either DCP harddrive or as a hi-res HD digital file. Failure to provide a screening copy by the 27th September 2019 will result in disqualification.
8. LS/FF STING: Add the London Surf / Film Festival Shorties Competition sting at the start of the film. The sting must run in its official form for a minimum of 5 seconds. How the filmmaker chooses to transit in and out of the sting is at the discretion on the filmmaker. The sting is available for download from the festival website in either a still or animated format. N.B. No other brand stings are permitted at the start of the film.
9. SUBMISSION: Entrants must have a Vimeo Channel to which they must upload their submission. They must then send a link to the hosted film to the London Surf / Film Festival panel via the online submission form. Entries are only confirmed once a signed submission form, as well as payment has been received by LS/FF and the entrant has received an entry confirmation by email from the London Surf / Film Festival. The London Surf / Film Festival is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, stolen, or misappropriated entries.
B. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. To be eligible, all films must be of a duration of five minutes or under. Any non-English language films must be either sub-titled or dubbed.
2. Entries will only be accepted once the terms and conditions are agreed to on the submission form.
3. Entries are only deemed accepted when the film maker has received an official confirmation by email. All entrants will receive an email to inform them if their films have made the long list. Films that go on to be accepted into the main festival programme will be informed after voting closes, as close to the 22nd September 2019 as possible.
4. Entries into the London Surf / Film Festival Shorties Contest is open exclusively to surf film makers from or based in Britain or Ireland. Be aware that proof of eligibility may be required at any time. The festival organisers shall have the final say on eligibility.
5. Entries should have the right or authorisation to submit the film to the London Surf / Film Festival and the production must have no litigation or disputes regarding any part of the production, distribution or originality. Filmmakers must certify that the work submitted is the entrants original work and does not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
6. Filmmakers hold the London Surf / Film Festival organisers and agents harmless from any damage to submitted media during the process of the film festival.
7. Filmmakers hold the London Surf / Film Festival, its management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from their entry.
8. Filmmakers certify that they have full rights to the use of the music in the film, for screening and distributing purposes. They must be able to produce the written permission(s) to this at the request of the London Surf / Film Festival
9. Filmmakers give permission for the London Surf / Film Festival to use excerpts of the film, or the whole film, for promotional purposes at no cost in perpetuity.
10. Filmmakers give permission for the London Surf / Film Festival to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from their shorties film for promotional purposes, online and in any print media or campaigns connected with the London Surf / Film Festival. This includes brochures/programmes, printed media magazines/newspapers and online.
11. By submitting the production, filmmakers give permission for the London Surf / Film Festival to screen the production at the London Surf / Film Festival more than once. By submitting, they also give permission for the London Surf / Film Festival and London Surf / Film Festival partners to screen the production through their online channels.
12. Filmakers own or have authorisation to all necessary copyrights and licenses; will be able to provide music, product and other copyright licensing verification if requested. As the Submitter/Producer, they agree to take on all copyright liability in regard to submitted film.
13.To be eligible, all films must feature the official London Surf / Film Festival Shorties Competition sting at the start of the film. The sting must run in its official form for a minimum of 5 seconds. How the filmmaker chooses to transit in and out of the sting is at the discretion on the filmmaker. The sting is available for download from the festival organisers. N.B. No brand stings are permitted at the start of the film – please only include any film sponsor brand stings at the back end.
14. Filmmakers give permission for the London Surf / Film Festival to share their film, any related promotional material and contact information with London Surf Film / Festival partners unless they specify otherwise.
15. Entry into the contest does not guarantee acceptance into London Surf / Film Festival programme. The London Surf / Film Festival can not be held responsible or liable for losses or damages resulting from failure to screen entries accepted into the festival programme.
16. If your film is accepted you will receive an agreed number of complimentary tickets to the night your film is screened.
17. Shortlisted films will be judged by the London Surf / Film Festival Jury in the category of Shortie of the Year, as well as being eligible for Best British Film and Emerging Talent awards.
18. Entrants agree to be bound by all terms and conditions of the official competition rules and regulations as established herein. If entrant is under 18 years old, the signature of a parent or guardian is required. The London Surf / Film Festival reserves the right to extend the competition deadline for any unforeseen reasons if needed. Entry constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.